Our mission is to create a more transparent world through data.
There Wasn't a Better Way, So We Created One
Incubated at MIT in 2017, Sigma Ratings was founded by two aspiring entrepreneurs who realized the need for change.
Starting with the mission to make the world more transparent by highlighting and standardizing metrics for good corporate behavior, Sigma began offering Certified Ratings which leverage public and private data on companies to create a rating. These ratings are especially beneficial in highlighting institutions, with effective compliance, in jurisdictions perceived as high-risk, exemplified here.
The Sigma team also recognized that by using AI and machine learning it could achieve its mission at global scale through the collection, organization and scoring of public data alone. To date, Sigma has organized over 100 billion data points on over 900 million companies and people globally to make it the world’s most comprehensive risk analysis database.
- Founded at MIT
- Delivered world’s first financial crime risk rating on Fimbank PLC
- Joined Barclays TechStars Accelerator
- Announced investment from Fintech Collective and Barclays
- COO Gabrielle Haddad testifies in Congress
- Collaboration with PWC to highlight financial crime compliance and business integrity
- Delivered world’s first financial crime rating on asset management firm Gateway Partners
- Sigma becomes the world’s most comprehensive AI powered risk intelligence platform
- Selected as one of ten companies for Fintech Innovation Lab 2020
- Announced investment from and joint research with Fitch Group
- Awarded 'Best Data Analysis Tool' at Benzinga Global Fintech Awards
- Named in RegTech 100
- Named in CyberTech 100
- Named in AIFinTech 100
- Named In The Chartis RiskTech100®
- Named in RegTech100